6/1/20: We captured our first FBW in an oak tree near Donald, OR May 27th, and another in a hazelnut near Canby that same day. Now would be a great time to hang traps!
Brown marmorated stink bug
6/1/20: Trap catches started picking up mid May, and then dropped down with the cool wet weather. They will likely pick up in the next few weeks when the weather warms, and adults continue to emerge from their overwintering sites.
Pacific flatheaded borer
6/15/20: We are finding prepupae in the infested wood that is being dissected from our field cages, however, one of our technicians also found a couple of adults mating in our cider plot, and so adult flight has begun.
- North Willamette Research and Extension Center in Aurora: first moth was captured 4/29/20, sustained catch started 5/4 and biofix set to 5/4. Currently first cover spray was predicted for 250 degree-days on 5/28 based on the extended forecast.
- E.Z. Orchards, Salem: first moth was 4/14, and biofix was 4/20.
- Sherwood Orchards, Sherwood: first moth was captured 4/28 and more captures on 5/4.
- Many moths captured in Lane County Orchard on 5/4
- An orchard near Scholls had first capture on 4/21, and more on 4/28.