Are you new to online or hybrid teaching at OSU or want to take your skills to the next level? Ecampus, the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) offer trainings and workshops. Technology Across the Curriculum offers faculty support in Canvas and other learning technologies.
Ecampus Online Trainings and Workshops
- Teaching an Online Course — This is a two week online self-paced training course. It’s designed for someone who is new to teaching online and teaching an established online course. It gives hands-on experience and allows participants to experience online learning from the student’s experience. Contact Karen Watte to register.
- New Instructor Training – This is a 2-hour session (live/online) approximately two weeks before the start of each term. It is designed for new online instructors. It devotes an hour to best practices in online teaching and an hour to Canvas basics. Contact Karen Watte.
- Canvas Facilitator Training – This is a 50-minute training offered various times during the month before each new term. It reviews important Canvas features. It is offered both online and face-to-face. Registration is online.
Check out all Ecampus development and training workshops. Keep your eyes open for updates and useful hints from Ecampus in their email newsletters.
CTL Hybrid Trainings, Workshops and Grant Opportunities
- CTL Events – This is a current calendar of hybrid workshops and webinars, along with other CTL events.
- Hybrid Initiative – This houses hybrid resources. Also see hybrid resources on Tech’d Out Learning.
- CTL Funding Opportunities – Check here for grant opportunities and learning community RFPs.
TAC Workshops and Canvas Updates
- TAC Events — This is a current calendar of events. TAC frequently provides Canvas workshops and support for faculty.
- Canvas Transition Site — Check out the many Canvas specific resources and Lynn Greenough’s Canvas support office hours on the right hand side of the Migration Help page.
- TAC Canvas Updates mailing list is also a useful resource. Join it for brief updates and useful tips sent to your inbox.
We have some wonderful resources on Campus! Enjoy getting to know them.