It’s already been five weeks?!?

Hello!

I cannot believe that I have already been here for five weeks! Time sure does fly. Last week was a fairly productive week interspersed with some pretty exciting things! For the most part I continued building the website I’m working on – creating custom pictures and adding feature stories to the archive. On Thursday I was able to sit in on the Marine Council meeting! Such a cool experience! While I am a biology major, I haven’t had a lot of experience in the political world – so sitting around a table with a lot of important people discussing policy was a totally new and exciting experience for me! Then, as you all know, we were able to have a midsummer reunion and pizza picnic on Friday. It was great to be able to hear a bit about what everyone is doing – unfortunately I find it hard to keep up with all of the blog posts!

My plan for this week is to begin creating some custom feature stories to be added to the website’s rotating banner. I also hope to create some student feature highlights, and add some static text where necessary. I don’t know whether getting the calendar set up will be a priority this week – I might save that for next week. But depending on what Jenna and I discuss when we meet in the next couple of days, we could be getting that up and running very soon here.

Hope everyone has a great week!

This entry was posted in Shealyn Friedrich by Shealyn Friedrich. Bookmark the permalink.

About Shealyn Friedrich

Hello! My name is Shealyn, and I am an incoming senior at Willamette University in Salem, OR. I am a Biology major/Spanish minor, and I am interning this summer (2011) with the Oregon Sea Grant at Oregon State University! I am a recreational runner, and I enjoy writing, painting, and exploring! I am looking to go into science education, and I am fascinated with life! Until now I have had a broad background in biology, but have not yet had the chance to explore my interest in marine biology specifically, so I am very excited for what the summer holds in store! My job will be to create a website that advertises the wide variety of opportunities and initiatives that Oregon State offers in the marine sciences in a way that is easily accessible. I look forward to sharing my experiences and progress with all of you!

One thought on “It’s already been five weeks?!?

1. I am curious to hear more of your thoughts about the science and policy balance for your internship. Are you developing an interest in exploring that side of things? Looking forward to reading your features.