It was a great session yesterday. A big thanks to Kevin Ahern and Pat Kight for presenting and facilitating.
And thanks to everyone who contributed to the discussion!
Here are some resources:
- Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science
- The Story Collider – A weekly podcast of stories by scientists, about science
- TED Talks
- COMPASS – Equipping scientists with the skills to communicate with journalists, policy markers and other non-scientist audiences
- Kevin Ahern’s YouTube channel
- Science & Engineering in the Lives of Students – Engaging children in STEM learning by showing them science and math at work in the real world
- Sept. 2012 Facebook highlighted OSU professor Video: Speeding Up Science
- Fermilab – kids drawings before and after meeting a scientist
Some of the best resources and articles are shared on social media from science communicators around the world.
- #scicomm and #scioSciComm on Twitter
- Science of Science Communication Facebook group
- Science Communication Central Facebook page
Attend AAAS Annual Meeting science communication sessions
Interesting Opportunity: Fulbright-National Geographic Digital Storytelling Fellowship