S4:E2 | not enough time in one day

There’s just not enough time in a day.

.

There’s supposedly 24 hours in a day. About 8 of those hours goes to my sleep. Another couple of hours for leisure. Another 12 hours through a combination of work and school.

It’s Q4, or Quarter 4, in terms of business. Holidays are coming, days are getting shorter, and money is being thrown around. Quarter 4 is what every business dreams of when they are operating year-round. The best time to ever make money is now. Whether it’s a side hustle or through your own business, there is no better time to start producing than now. The last three months of the year are when people spend their money. It’s a no brainer that in Q4, it’s a seller’s market.

Having a business myself, I dreamed of months like these; months where sales are flowing fast. Sitting around in March or April really made me look forward to this specific quarter to capitalize on the market. There’s just one problem.

There’s not just enough time in a day.

Juggling school, work, and my side hustles are all but easy to manage. I thought that it would be simple if I had just micro-managed myself into a strict schedule; that things would turn out okay. The start of Q4 taught me that no matter how much I plan, there is always the unexpected, and nobody plans for the unexpected. There were days where stress was more than one could handle. Was the stress worth it?

To the average person, it’s a no brainer. Of course it’s worth it. But as time went by, I realized that it may not be worth to wager your health over money. Amidst these stressful times, was a bright light that has never shined so bright before. I can’t begin to comprehend how this bright light has helped me these past couple of weeks, but it’s really shifting my perspective on life.

To be honest, I’m happier than ever. I have great people by my side and I can finally focus on what’s important in life: the people that I love. Spending time with them never draws a dull moment. I don’t say this enough, but Thank you. Thank you for everything, because you made me realize that if I really loved something, I can always make time for it. There’s just one thing that I wish for at the end of the day.

To have more time.

p.s. If this sounds sad, I can assure you I’m not sad. I’m just thankful for what I have