Week 2: Experiences with Discrimination

If I saw a company that I liked get hit with a discrimination charge, the first thing I would do is look into it. If information comes from credible sources, than I’ll take it seriously. There are a lot of clickbait websites that post garbage and you can’t take those seriously. But, if they’re credible, it changes things for me.

Discrimination is an issue that has always been around. In recent years, it’s been an issue that’s being taken much more seriously. While there have been great strides made, it’s still happening in companies today. We have reached the point in society where if you’re still discriminating against your employees, or anyone, then what are you doing? It’s time to get over what’s making you have biases. With my generation especially, we’re concerned more with how companies treat their employees, location they reside in, and the environment.

If I had been looking into the company to work at and this case came up, I’d withdraw my appication/change my mind about working there.I want to be proud of where I work. I don’t want to be associated with an organization that treats people poorly. The times ar changing, and companies that follow the change are ones that are more successful today. I am a prson with strong beliefs that we should treat people properly and that profits are less important than how a company deals with their people. I was raised in a place where those weren’t the common beliefs, but I learned more as I got older and now as an adult, I choose to stand by my beliefs.