How it All Started

Hello! Welcome to my blog page! For my first blog post, I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Hassan Rachid. Some of my interests include basketball (Lets go Knicks!!!!!!!!), jogging, technology (of course), long walks on the beach, and professional wrestling (AEW baby).

My CS journey started when I was undergrad for the first time, in my junior year in 2016. My major at the time was Chemistry, because I had loved Chemistry in high school. But by this time, I had fallen out of love with Chemistry. It just wasn’t fun or interesting to learn about anymore. This is when I was seriously considering changing my major to CS. I ended up decided against it because it would taken me an extra year or two to graduate, and I didn’t want to do that. I powered through and graduated with a BA (yes, BA not BS) in Chemistry.

After I graduated, I worked as a teacher for a short while. At the beginning of the summer in 2019, the school offered to pay for me to take an Intro to CS class so that I can potentially teach it to students. Since I was clearly interested a few years prior, it was a no brainer – I agreed and I immediately fell in love. I applied to OSU as fast as I could, and I was admitted for the Fall of 2019. Two years later, and I am still in love with CS, even more than when I started. At the start, it was the same feeling I had about Chemistry when I first started went to college, but this time I never fell out of love, which is amazing.

Now, I am at the end of my undergraduate journey, taking the last course I need to complete before I graduate. I am so happy I started, and I am excited to start the next chapter of my life and start my career somewhere in Software Development.

Thank you for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoyed reading how I started this chapter of my life, and I hope you enjoy my future blog posts as well!

One thought on “How it All Started

1. Hi, this is a comment.