Ninth Blog Post

This week has been one of the lighter weeks throughout the term, as thanksgiving was during it. My workplace gave me two days off and I took another day off, so I had time to develop some more on the neural networks that our team has thought up.

significantly this week I created a convolutional neural network that handles some gesture recognition. Currently it only handles three separate gesture, however the architecture is all there for using different data sets for more categories. This will be a launching off point for our team as we can use OpenVINO to optimize it, one of the requirements that our client has set up for us. It can also be used as a backup in case we don’t get the video recognition working for the capstone .

Along with this, my teammate and I have been working on a white paper covering the various topics that make up the preproccessor side. Currently the paper is in it’s rough draft stage, so there are quite a grammatical errors within it. However it goes over all the fundamentals topics and ideas that we will be using or attempting to use when designing the preproccessor aspects of the project. The purpose of this white paper is so that when we finish our tasks on the project, or drop it because the deadline was hit, then the next person who picks the project up will have an easier time. Not having white papers to documents what aspects worked and which didn’t work can lead to future designers trying to the same tactics.