The Box team released a new and improved, more personalized user experience on the web that includes a completely re-built back end foundation. With this new experience, you can work with ease. Starting March 30th, all OSU Box accounts will be changed to the new Box UI. After that, you will no longer be able to revert to the old interface.
For a high-level overview of the features of the new Box interface, watch New Box Experience , a short video from Box Training. Some noteworthy features of the new UI include:
- The new interface has increased speed for uploading, accessing, and editing content.
- You can set the collection of items you mark as “Favorites” to be your Box home page.
- You can sort all files by name, date, or size from directly within the file list headings.
- By clicking the icon of a file or folder once, you can see details about the item, including collaborators, its shared link, metadata, and so on. By clicking the name of a folder, or double-clicking its icon, you will open the folder. Upon clicking the name of a file within the folder, you will preview the file and also see the version, description, and access statistics.
- Copy (Ctrl-c) and paste (Ctrl-v) are supported within the new interface. You can copy multiple files from one Box folder to another using keyboard functions. You can also copy items from your computer and paste them into a Box folder.
- The search features of the new interface are more specific. You can search and filter your documents by type, size, time, owner, and metadata directly from the search bar. For instance, if you type the name of any of your documents and filter the search by file type (e.g., a Word document) and the Date Updated (e.g., ‘this past week’), all of your Microsoft Word documents you have edited or opened within the past week will be returned.
- Find content faster: Our improved, advanced search is faster and more helpful- you don’t even need to type anything to search for your work. With a few clicks, find what you’re looking for by selecting owners, last date edited and file type.
- View content the way you want: We’ve made it easy to switch between views – either use list view for quick scans or thumbnail view for rich previews, so you can see files in the way that works best for you. Now you can also watch HD and 360 videos right from Box without downloading, making it easy to experience and share immersive media just like any other file.
Enabling and disabling the new Box user interface
Enabling the new UI
To enable the new Box user interface, do one of the following:
- Accept the prompt to join the new Box experience the first time you log into the Box website.
- At the bottom right of the Box screen, click ? and then Try it Out.
- Go to https://oregonstate.app.box.com/on/allnewbox.
These actions set a cookie in your browser. If you want to see the new UI in a different browser or on a different machine, you’ll need to take one of these steps in the new browser.
Disabling the new UI
After you’ve enabled the new user interface, to revert to the old one, do one of the following:
- Visit https://oregonstate.app.box.com/on/legacy.
- At the top right of the Box home page, click the ? icon. To disable the new UI, below the text box for feedback and next to “Need to switch back to the old Box Experience?”, click Click here.