Capstone Blog – Technologies

All technology is great, but if I had to choose my favorite so far it would be the Vue Framework. It is all too easy to run up a simple web application for all your needs. The organization of files, modules, and components is simple to get used to.

I think my favorite aspect of Vue is how modularized it is and how reusable components can be. For instance, you can write up a simple component, taking that component to any other Vue project and using it immediately. Almost as if they were puzzle pieces to many different puzzles.

I will say that it had a learning curve, but that could be that it was the very first framework that I was able to work with when first coming to OSU. I believe after learning Vue, all other frameworks worked out like a breeze. There isn’t much missing from Vue that I would suggest to be added. All in all, a very well rounded framework.

Vue is very similar to React where they use a Virtual DOM, but of course have their differences. The main difference between the two is that Vue is a framework and React is a library. Even though both do similar things. React allows for immediate DOM manipulation and state management leaving a lot of freedom and decisions up to the developers that use it. Where as Vue comes with a complete plugin system, built-in directives, and more. Vue is a very simple plug it in and play sandbox with their own libraries and state management tools.

Overall, my experience with Vue has made my development experience a lot smoother and less stressful.

If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.

Eleanor Roosevelt