Self reflection:

I always have a tough time talking myself up. I think being able to frequently ask myself and answer the questions what am I good at? What do I value? How did I get here? And Where am I going? Will really help me get better at understanding and articulating my strengths.

I think I’m good at communicating and connecting with people. This is something I enjoy and like to do, and I think it’s one of my strengths. I am extremely empathetic and I think that’s a strength that helps me connect with people. I value people and the connections that I form. When thinking of what I value I think of the beauty of life and the power that we all have as people. I value relationships with family, friends, dogs, coworkers, classmates, all connections that I have with people. I think it’s interesting that what I view myself as being good at is something that I value highly. I don’t think I’ve ever fully connected this. I value honesty, respect and vulnerability as well. I think these all play to my empathetic side.

I think it’s important to think and always remember how we got to where we are today. I really attribute where I’m at and the success that I’ve had in college to my parents- primarily my Dad’s hard work. He was patient and didn’t rush me into anything, but always persistent in his belief in me and for what I could achieve. I never thought I would go to college or be successful so I really feel that his belief in me and all that he has sacrificed to give me everything I have in life has gotten me to where I am today. It’s hard to think of anything but family when I think of how I got to where I am today. Similarly when I think of where I’m going I think I’m headed towards success, and making my family proud. This one is harder to imagine because it’s more of a hope than a confident statement, but I believe I’m headed towards graduation, a good job, buying a home, and getting another dog. These are my main goals and I think I’m on track to achieve them.