Job Post Analysis

Sr. Enterprise Sales Account Manager – DMe | Adobe | LinkedIn

I sorted through job postings on LinkedIn for the Greater Portland, Oregon area and stumbled upon the Sr. Enterprise Sales Account Manager role at Adobe. I have heard good things about working at Adobe from colleagues, plus the job genuinely intrigued me and seemed to match up with my career path. I began to research Adobe on LinkedIn and Glassdoor. The job posting notes they would like a minimum of 5+ years of sales experience and a good track record of selling complex solutions. The rest of the qualifications are relatively standard for any job I would be applying for in the tech industry. I would expect to be offered a generous base salary and likely uncapped commission. With a senior employee working with enterprise (top spending) accounts, I would estimate the base salary starts at a minimum of $100K with the potential to earn at least another $100K in commission. Given the 5 years of sales experience, it leads me to believe the pay could be lower. Based off my research on LinkedIn and Glassdoor, it sounds like the pay would likely be much higher. A candidate would be looking at more like $150K based with $100K commission. I cannot find whether the commission is capped or not. If I interviewed for this job, I would likely ask for at least $170K base, considering the average on Glassdoor is $150K and potentially negotiate from there. I’d be curious to hear about their current sales reps attainment numbers and take home commission to ensure it was a good compensation structure. After reading the qualifications, I am more than qualified for the job with 7 years of technical sales experience with a proven track record of good success and exceeding quotas. I have worked in numerous fast-paced, team environments. I also have excellent professional communication that would be demonstrated in my interview. If I were looking for a new job, I would totally apply!