Most Important thing I have learned

During the last 9 weeks I have learned so much on various different aspects of Recruiting and Selection. From learning about important legal laws surrounding recruitment, to learning about recruitment strategies, and everything in between, I have gained a lot of knowledge to take with me into the workplace. I would say one of the most important, or even the one topic I enjoyed learning more about was learning about the different recruitment goals and methodologies. I really enjoyed learning more about the different types of methodologies for recruitment and how to choose which one dependent upon your recruitment goals. I believe it is very important to understand how to align your goals with specific action, such as the different recruitment methods, to be able to attract the right talent that you are looking for.

For example, the point of purchase method is used in instances where you are looking to target your specific customers for hiring, and are looking for an inexpensive hiring method. The point of purchase method is inexpensive because you don’t have to pay for someone else to post the position for you, rather it is usually posted within your own stores, or cash registers. The disadvantage to using this method is that only a limited amount of people will see your posting.

Overall, it is really important to be able to identify your specific recruitment goals and then be able to identify which recruitment method aligns with your goals in order to be able to attract the right talent. I really enjoyed learning about this topic because I believe it will be very applicable and transferable into the career that I am hoping to go into, which is recruiting and/or HR. I have learned so much from this class and I am excited to take this information and knowledge with me into the workforce!