Critiquing a Recruitment Ad

The brand I want to portray to a potential employer is an individual who is hardworking, motivated, and determined employee. I love to always be challenging myself, pushing myself, and working to learn new things. With this, I am not afraid to ask questions when needed, but also spend the time to learn how to do things on my own when need be. I believe these are a few of my strengths that make me a desirable candidate. On the other hand, I believe one of my weaknesses is the need to always please others. I work tirelessly to always be impressing others, and showing my worth but sometimes that I leads to me having too much on my plate at once. I am constantly working on delegating, learning to say no when appropriate, and dedicating my time to my priorities. I believe I am unique because of the experience I bring to the table. I have 2 years of internship experience in HR, but on top of that I have dedicated myself to being involved in my sorority, on campus, and as a volunteer in our community. I had the privilege to serve for 2 years as Membership Experience in my chapter, and spent the last year serving as Chapter President. The experience and knowledge I have gained is invaluable and has shaped me into who I am today!

I believe one of the ways that this information can be communicated to organizations would be a unique resume, and LinkedIn/Handshake profile. For starters, having a unique resume/cover letter is important for portraying your experience, skills and knowledge in an interesting and appealing way. This is often the first impression that an employer has of you so it is important for you to ensure that it draws in the attention of the employer. I would ensure that my resume stood out by not using a generic template, and creating a colorful, and creative format that draws in the attention of the employer. I also would make sure that the information regarding my experience, and skills is easy to read, and simple. To ensure that this was visible for prospective organizations, I would upload it to my LinkedIn.