Week 4 – Critiquing a Recruitment Ad

My Brand: My brand as a potential employee consists of in-depth communication when concerning anything of importance, allowing all parties to get a full understanding of scenarios before they play out. I’m quick-witted and like to be an outlet for solutions on the fly, as well as providing input that takes into account the opinions of all stakeholders to satisfy everyone involved. I can lighten the mood with humor and also build rapport with my coworkers relatively easily, something that can be good and bad. Although I’m quite personable, I find it relatively easy to have a conversation run on for too long, and can sometimes distract people if they’re not entirely focused. I also lack a good internal clock, and my time management could use infinite amounts of work because I’m very lackadaisical when it comes to working on things I have little interest in. Although these weaknesses do exist and are important for me to work on, I also believe that my continuous want for improvement is something that sets me apart. I am very competitive when it comes to the work environment and I also have never ending ideas that won’t lack creativity.

Situation Wanted Ad: Is your team looking for someone who can chef up ideas in the blink of an eye? How about someone who can create a mend in the office through humor and other personable connections? Look no further, for I am here. I have a past of being able to adapt to my environments and work through adversity. Creating connections and communicative climates is something that comes easily to me. If in need of a man who can face adversity with a smile, and bring exciting motivation to any team, then I am the employee you’re looking for. When filling a role I’m not just looking to follow the normalities and attempt only what’s asked of me, I’m looking to change my role for good and raise the expectations that are held for someone in my position.

When looking at how to create visibility for my situation wanted ad, I’d make sure to use my online resources such as LinkedIn and Twitter where it’s easy to post and network with many employers or potential business partners online. Blog posts such as this can also provide great insight into how I work and what my thought processes are like which could be attractive for potential employers.

2 responses to “Week 4 – Critiquing a Recruitment Ad”

1. Charles Mossiat Avatar
    Charles Mossiat

Luke,

You are very clearly representing yourself as someone who thrives in a fast pace environment. For companies that are hiring in industries that process ca lot of information quickly, they need to have employees who can catch up with the work and market in front of them. Your post shows this very well. I recommend condensing your situation ad just a bit. They can be wordy but maybe write a sentence that covers everything followed by a description, it is easier on the eyes. like this:

“When filling a role, I’m not just looking to follow the normalities and attempt only what’s asked of me, I’m looking to change my role for good”

and then down here you would write the rest of the paragraph.

2. Michael Valdez Avatar
    Michael Valdez

Hey Luke,

Good post. I really hear the confidence when I read through it. I think that is important for any wanted ad. If someone is need of something, a skill set or specific job, a wanted ad should come across as the person being confident.