Job Descriptions

Job Descriptions are very important to those who are applying or thinking about applying for any given job. I will be honest the last job I had took me through an unorthodox was of me getting the job so I didn’t know the job description entirely. However, whenever I look for a job I ALWAYS look at the job description. Typically the job description will always have an indication on what the job entails, salary, and requirements. I always want to make sure I am qualified for the job, and I can list any necessary requirements and how I fulfill them in my resume. The job description is kind of the pre-screening that I do to see if I can even do the job or if it is something I have interest in learning. I know that one thing I always want to see in a job description is if it will change my life for better or worse. It is usually hard to tell if this is going to be the case, however you can typically tell if a job can change your life for the worse. For instance, the job description will indicate if you will be traveling 50% of the time or more, or if you will have 12 hour shifts, or will be taking a massive pay cut, or pay increase. Job descriptions are very important and are crucial to the hiring process and the candidates you can be attracting.

One response to “Job Descriptions”

1. Hi Killian. I agree with you on the importance of job descriptions. You seem to have a good sense of the things that are important to you in a job, and use the job description to match what’s important to you and jobs that have those things.