The Global Site Tags widget is available as soon as a blogsite is created. This widget will display more popular global blogsite tags with a larger font and less popular tags with a smaller font. Tags that are between the the two sizes will be appropriately sized within the sizing range that you determine for the largest and smallest tags.
To Use the Global Site Tags Widget
- From within your Dashboard, go to Appearance > Widgets
- Locate the Global Site Tags widget in the Available Widgets group at the top of the page. Click on the widget and drag it into an available region such as Sidebar 1, Sidebar 2, etc.
- Once the widget has been positioned, click on its arrow to open up the widget control panel
- Title: this is optional. If you don’t enter a title it will show the default widget title.
- Tag Cloud Order: This will determine what order your tags show, choose either Tag Count or Most Recent
- Number of Tags: Select a value here. Numbers are available in one digit increments from 1 to 100.
- Largest Font Size: This will show the most popular tags as the largest font in the cloud. Sizes, in pixels, are available in one digit increments from 1 to 100. It’s recommended that this font be larger than the Smallest Font Size you select (see next step).
- Smallest Font Size: This will show the newer or least popular tags as the smallest font in the cloud. Sizes, in pixels, are available in one digit increments from 1 to 100. It’s recommended that this font be smaller than the Largest Font Size you select.
- Click the Save button when completed
- Click on the Visit Site link to see your new widget in action.