Are you serious about sustainability? Have you dreamt of working with a group of passionate people to make OSU more sustainable? We are currently hiring three people for two different student positions within the OSU Sustainability Office. Join a fun and committed team to learn new skills and make a difference!
Digital Marketing and Outreach Intern
The Sustainability Office seeks an enthusiastic student to coordinate event planning and deliver marketing and outreach material via the web, social media and in person. This position delivers various sustainability programs that engage students and promote behavior change. Anyone with strong written and verbal communication skills and a passion for making OSU a more sustainable community is encouraged to apply!
This position involves communications design, storytelling via multiple channels in a diverse media landscape that includes 3D tours, social media posts, print media, and video.
Work schedule can be somewhat flexible but must remain responsive to workload. The successful candidate will work 10-15 hours per week during the academic year and 20-30 hours per week during summer on the following:
- Social media and web content management
- Update and expand the OSU sustainability website using Drupal
- Manage a robust social media presence in collaboration with Campus Recycling, including the OSU Ecologue blog, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and possibly Tik Tok
- Be proactive in creating content and setting outreach goals
- Analyze social media successes and opportunities via detailed analytics
- Assist with events and coordinate event planning
- Coordinate and plan campaigns and events that showcase sustainability programs and projects to diverse audiences.
- Work with graphic designer on print media
- Manage tabling materials and promotional item inventory
- Staff display tables and coordinate tabling schedules for other staff
- Green Certifications program management
- Monitor and score survey submissions; coordinate awards and recognition
- Perform outreach and marketing for all three certification tracks
- Create the bi-weekly Sustainability at OSU newsletter using MailChimp
- Maintain consistent communication within the office and with other University and community entities, including Community Engagement & Leadership, Campus Recycling, Spring Creek Project and others
- Collaborate with Campus Recycling and others on Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (DEIJ) work.
- Clear and consistent written communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Social media and marketing experience
- Experience planning events (specific to OSU preferred).
- Personal commitment to and general knowledge of basic sustainability and environmental justice
- Experience using any of the following: Drupal, WordPress, MailChimp, Google Analytics, and/or Qualtrics
- Experience using graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, or Canva
- Public speaking and presentation experience.
Hourly pay starts at $13.50 with periodic wage reevaluation. Employment term begins late winter quarter 2022 and is ongoing assuming satisfactory performance. Preference will be given to applicants with longer-term availability, through at least spring 2023 or later.
Apply online by 11:59 PM Sunday, Feb. 6 at this link. Please include a resume and a cover letter that lists your expected graduation date, level of interest, skills, and experience related to the bulleted items in this position announcement. This job is available for work-study and non-work-study students.
Energy Project Intern
The Sustainability Office seeks two student interns to support energy efficiency and sustainability projects, gather energy data and execute related programmatic tasks. The Sustainability Office is part of University Facilities, Infrastructure and Operations, the department responsible for development and maintenance of OSU’s physical infrastructure.
Work schedule can be somewhat flexible but must remain responsive to workload. The successful candidate will work 20-30 hours per week during summer and 10-15 hours per week during the academic year on the following:
- Directly perform simple tasks throughout the Corvallis campus that save energy and water
- Retrieve and review construction documents from the OSU Plan Center and Digital Vault
- Attend project meetings, review project documents and act as an ambassador for the Sustainability Office
- Improve OSU building efficiency via heating and cooling automation system optimization
- Read OSU utility meters as part of OSU’s utility billing and conservation efforts
- Track performance of and physically upkeep OSU’s solar arrays
- Lead work groups for landscaped and natural areas cleanups
- Transport and setup the OSU Solar Trailer (5000 lb. complex device towed by pickup truck)
- Join colleagues for various Sustainability Office outreach events and projects.
- Clear and consistent communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent precision, attention to detail, timeliness and organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Personal commitment to and general knowledge of basic sustainability principles
- Project management experience, including reading construction documents
- Familiarity with energy saving technologies, HVAC and Building Control Systems
- Coursework or experience with green building technologies
- Experience towing trailers
Hourly pay starts at $13.50 with periodic wage reevaluation. Employment term starts winter 2022 and is ongoing assuming satisfactory performance. Preference is given to applicants with availability through 2023 or later.
Apply online by 11:59PM Sunday, Feb. 6 at this link. Please include a resume and a cover letter that lists your expected graduation date, level of interest, skills, and experience related to the bulleted items in this position announcement. This job is available for work-study and non-work-study students.