Are you interested in working to make OSU a more sustainable and equitable community? You’re in luck, because we’re hiring! Join a fun and committed team to learn new skills and make a difference.
The OSU Sustainability Office seeks an enthusiastic student to coordinate event planning and deliver marketing and outreach material via the web, social media and in person. This position supports Sustainability Office staff in delivering various sustainability programs that engage students and promote behavior change.
Anyone with strong written and verbal communication skills and a passion for making OSU a more sustainable community is encouraged to apply by May 11!
Position Duties Include:
Management of promotional and creative content
- Update and expand the OSU sustainability website using Drupal
- Manage a robust social media presence in collaboration with Campus Recycling, including the OSU Ecologue blog, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and possibly Tik Tok; be proactive in creating content and setting outreach goals
- Analyze social media successes and opportunities via detailed analytics
- Coordinate and plan campaigns and events that showcase sustainability programs and projects to diverse audiences.
- Work with graphic designer on print media
- Manage tabling materials and promotional item inventory
- Staff display tables and coordinate tabling schedules for other staff
Management of the Green Certifications Program
- Monitor and score survey submissions; coordinate awards and recognition
- Perform outreach and marketing for all three certification tracks
Communication and coordination with the OSU and Corvallis sustainability community
- Create the bi-weekly Sustainability at OSU newsletter using MailChimp
- Maintain consistent communication within the office and with other University and community entities, including Community Engagement & Leadership, Campus Recycling, Spring Creek Project and others
- Collaborate with Campus Recycling and others on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice (DEIJ) frameworks within Sustainability at OSU
Work schedule can be somewhat flexible but must remain responsive to workload. The successful candidate will work 20-30 hours per week during summer and 10-15 hours per week during the academic year on the following:
- Clear and consistent written communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Social media and marketing experience
- Experience planning events (specific to OSU preferred).
- Personal commitment to and general knowledge of basic sustainability and environmental justice principles
- Experience using any of the following: Drupal, WordPress, MailChimp, Google Analytics, and/or Qualtrics
- Experience using graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, or Canva
- Public speaking and presentation experience
Hourly pay is $12.00 with periodic wage reevaluation. Employment term begins late summer 2021 and is ongoing assuming satisfactory performance. Preference will be given to applicants with longer-term availability, through at least spring 2022 or later.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Oregon State University in Corvallis, Oregon, is located within the traditional homelands of the Mary’s River or Ampinefu Band of Kalapuya. Following the Willamette Valley Treaty of 1855, Kalapuya people were forcibly removed to reservations in Western Oregon. Today, living descendants of these people are a part of the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde Community of Oregon (grandronde.org) and the Confederated Tribes of the Siletz Indians (ctsi.nsn.us).
CATEGORIES: job opportunity