Some background: The OCWCOG and its partners launched a community bikeshare program, called Pedal Corvallis, in June 2016, and partnered with Oregon State University (OSU) on an expansion to campus in April 2017. The program has a total of 8 stations, 41 bikes, and 2 adult trikes in Corvallis, and is open to anyone age 18 and older.This would be a temporary, part time position for the summer. Some duties and responsibilities include engaging stakeholders and work with partners to promote Pedal Corvallis, attend training on outreach techniques and protocols, attend community events and discuss bike sharing details with the pubic.
To receive credit, and proceed to the next step of the recruiting process, your application form must clearly show that you meet the following:
- Ability to speak to public audiences in a professional, engaging, and highly effective manner.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and basic data entry and email
- Experience coordinating / planning / facilitating events
- Works well in an unstructured environment, with limited supervision
- Works well in a team, and fosters team spirit with all types of people
- Good at problem solving and thinking creatively
- Enthusiasm about bicycling / bikeshare and helping members of the public
- Prompt, punctual, and reliable; strong problem-solving skills, initiative, and personal integrity
Applications are welcome on a rolling basis, and screening will begin as early as Friday May 19.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates should send a cover letter explaining why they consider themselves suited for the
position and a résumé of qualifications and relevant experience. Before applying, candidates
should be familiar with the information at www.ocwcog.org/pedal and