Plot Update

Man our plants have been growing a ton since we first planted them. On Tuesday we were able to walk around the plots in between irrigation and measure and take pictures of what our plants are looking like. A majority of our annuals, such as wheat and barley, are past a foot tall! However, as for our perennials, they are moving slow in the growing process. Most of the perennials were below six inches, but on the bright side, all of our plants germinated and are at some length. One of the things that really surprised me was how weak and spotty blue bunch grass, Idaho fescue, and timothy were doing. Why this surprised me, because in a past internship I analyzed these forages and saw them ravishing even in the heat of summer and no water. Another thing that surprised me was how well the peas and triticale were doing compared to all the other plants. These two plants alone triple the height as to what other plants in our plot were. One thing is for sure though, is it is very important to seed on time and know what conditions and climates plants need.

Our Wheat  in the plots! Getting so tall!
Our Wheat in the plots! Getting so tall!
A glance at all our plots!
A glance at all our plots!