Week 7: Vacation-time and Catching Up

This week was a bit challenging to balance out doing school work, normal work, and entertaining one of my best friends who came to visit from across the country. This time, having a mini-vacation won. So, the next few days will be prioritizing catching up on my portion of our project and school work. I’ve been thankful and appreciative that I have amazing team members, and they have been incredibly understanding. We seem to have kind of unspoken understanding of filling in for one another when we notice someone is falling behind, and that has made working on this project such a pleasure. Life happens, but we help each other out.

Friday – Tuesday: Basically, I went an East Coast food tour with my best friend who came to visit from California. Interspersed, we were able to go sight-seeing, but truly… the weather was not on our side as it rained heavily for 3 days straight.

Wednesday

Received an invitation to do an interview as an Information Technology Auditor. Definitely excited to do this for more practice and because the position seems interesting and unique.

Thursday

Spent today just re-calibrating my brain on what needs to be done and what has been taken care of. This usually involves me using an old-school, hand-written planner where I manually check off what has been done. However, because I have deviated from my usual schedule, I feel a bit overwhelmed so I’ll make a to-do list here too just specifically for my project!

• Traverse the rooms to see how that are all connected using an outline provided by my teammate
  • Add more short/long descriptions
  • Add more text for interactions between my NPC and player and items that have “set” amount of times they need to be interacted with
  • Round out my floor (finish items, implement my puzzles specifically the fish and door puzzle)
  • Add 1 or 2 secret journal pages per floor
  • Implement my verbs that need to be used for my floor and other verbs that can be used for the game as a whole
  • Dance