Week 6: Project midpoint, friends visiting, and truly “figuring it out”

Friday

First full day of my data abstraction job! Figured out my commuting route via bus and metro train and realized that maybe, I do in fact like driving. I think a part of the career change is adjusting to such different work environments. Previously working where I literally fit like I was drowning dealing with people, working a more a desk-centric job has been a major adjustment process. All in all, I think it still suits my personality/energy levels more. I’m just glad I’m doing it in a more “controlled” environment prior to starting my software engineering role!

Saturday

Worked heavily on getting Mirkwood Manor into something presentable for our Midpoint Project Demonstration. Here, I worked on implementing a size requirement for height, width, and height and width. Although the project requirement states that if the user doesn’t meet this requirement, exit the game, I think it would be way more reasonable to pause the game until requirement are met. It would be awful for a game just to quit without giving you a chance to make amends!

Sunday

Worked on the write-up portion for the Midpoint Project Demonstration then immediately went straight onto working on Cloud Dev project.

Monday

More Cloud Dev project and doing the API Documentation for that assignment.

Tuesday

Attended an asynchronous meeting with my team. I’m glad that even on my commute, I am still able to attend and not have to make changes to our meeting time. We discuss what our goals for this upcoming week are and reflecting on our progress.

Wednesday

https://media.oregonstate.edu/media/t/1_gg3i6wf5

A quick video I made discussing the current progress of our game! Of course, the most recent pushes onto our Github repository has now broken my terminal size enforcer :0

Thursday

Although it has not happened yet, I have been invited to do an interview for another tech job! It doesn’t hurt to go through this interview because more practice the better!

Friday

My friend from California is coming to stay with me this weekend, so definitely will try to get cracking on Mirkwood Manor.

Saturday

Plans for dinner and a tour of some historical sights!

Sunday

Planning for cafe hopping and shopping!