Week 5: Lots of text and Exciting News!

Friday

Although it’s important to find balance between work and fun, it’s difficult to reach a happy medium. So I used today to work-from-home on my part-time job after making reservations for a fancy dinner place and Ford’s Theater once my friend comes to visit next weekend. Also attempted to finish as much as I could for my “intermediate REST API” for cloud development.

Saturday

An actual beautiful day! Got to spend time with my husband at the National Zoo and saw the pandas. I have never seen pandas in real life before, and when you finally get to see something you have only seen in pictures or videos, it feels a bit odd to finally see them in the flesh.

Sunday

Began noticing signs of a cold, so I stayed home and mostly rested. I was able to finish my cloud development project while watching the LCS summer split final. Congrats to Evil Geniuses!

Feels so good to be bad!!!

Monday

100% sick at this point and slept a majority of the day.

Tuesday

Had a synchronous meeting with my team today. We mostly discussed what our goals were in order to meet the deadline for the midpoint update. We have all been able to write what it seems to be like ~70% of the text for our project and one our team mates was able to create a wonderful parser. We are planning to have our game deployed and playable through the terminal at this time, and may be looking into implementing tkinter, but only if our project really calls for it.

Wednesday

OFFICIALLY. EMPLOYED. AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER. I received an email today while I was going through my morning routine and was just… shocked. And it is with a company and in a position I actually wanted! I’m still in shock, and partially thinking that it was all a mistake or a dream. Started the paperwork process to accept my first software engineer role!!!

Thursday

Today is the day I will crank out school work as tomorrow I begin my first full day on my temporary job before my big girl software engineering role!