Week 4: New job, project progress, and a holiday

Friday

Took Friday off after an intense week of interviewing! Excited to hear about the outcomes, and hoping I get a position with this agency especially as it fits with my goals as a developer and computer scientist. Particularly, the opportunity to get a master’s and career development!

Saturday

Began work on finalizing my floors for my project. I figured it would be good for a player, who I would assume to have never played a game (or even a text-based adventure game), to have some of the mechanics occur in the earlier floors before they are re-introduced to them again (but more difficult) on my teammate’s floors. I call it “puzzle lite”.

Sunday

Happy Easter! Took the day off to celebrate with friends, eat cake, and lots of ham.

Monday

Created an API for Cloud Development and launched it through google cloud dev tools. It was fun re-visiting this after database management and getting a second round on routing. I’m also amazed how it just *works* with google’s database. It feels like magic! Essentially, it is an API that creates, edits, and deletes boats that are able to either “park” or “be removed” from boat loading zones. These zones are also associated with certain boats so that no more than one boat can occupy a loading zone.

Tuesday

Attended a synchronous meeting with my team to discuss our project. The biggest takeaways was: PyGame is no longer suitable for our project, completion of our plans for our floors, and discussing what we are expecting from our team for our next meeting on Tuesday. This included creating our objects for NPC/creatures, items, player, and room as well as basic navigation through our rooms.

Wednesday

Officially finished at home training for my new job!

Thursday

First day on the new job and do some training with the hospital’s EMR system and got a tour. I also received some requests from jobs I’ve been applying to send in more information and to answer their company specific questions! How exciting! I plan to do this tomorrow during my “admin” day as well and work on my homework for Cloud Dev and my team project.