Week 3: Project Progress, Tests, and lots of coffee.

I was thinking about how I wanted to structure out my future posts. When I have spare time, I love watching daily mundane vlogs. I think the most alluring concept to me is that they literally just document the small things in their every day lives, and I think I’d like to do that! I feel like reflecting on the little things that occur might be more enjoyable in the future than only documenting the big, memorable things. So, from now on, I’ll start on the day after our posts are due and go up until or about the day they are due as well.

Friday: A largely admin day for personal things to get ready for taxes. Did a few errands here and there as well. It’s important to take care of your personal affairs, even though it’s difficult to balance with work, school, and self-care.

Saturday: Literally… just a tax day! Don’t want to get caught last minute doing this stuff. Also, here is when I consider myself an official Dunkin Donuts coffee convert.

Sunday: Ok, so I didn’t do much homework, reading, or assignments this day. Basically, just went shopping and talked about job stuff with my friend who works at the agency I’m hoping to get into/interviewing for this week.

Monday: Went to the city today and took a 2 hour test for a job! Who knows when I’ll hear back for those results! Submitted an assignment for Cloud Development using Postman and utilizing Github’s API.

Tuesday: Had some onboard training for my new job and did some paperwork for that. Then attempted to play some text adventure games to prep for my group’s meeting later in the afternoon. Got horrendously stuck and couldn’t make it past the first puzzle in this game. Inspired me to perhaps create an NPC in our text adventure game that can provide some assistance to new users who have never played a text adventure game like me! Because man… was it frustrating.

Wednesday: Got my car oil changed, rotated tires, and do an cabin air filter change as well. Nice to get my car all tuned up! Today I didn’t do as much since the last two days have felt quite busy. However, I did finish my modules except setting up Google App Engine for Cloud Development. Planning to just do interview prep.

Thursday: Well, has not happened yet, but I will be doing a prerecorded online interview! Wish me luck, especially since it’s with an agency I would love to work in.