Week2: Project Plan for Resume

Previous project plan

Before the CS361 course, I never thought a project plan could be that important. After working with 4 teammates, a project plan was super important to lead our work, I finally realized.

Here were some aspects we covered in the previous project plan:

1. Project achitecture
  2. Frontend prototype
  3. UML diagram
  4. Feature design
Part of frontend prototype

Capstone project plan

For the capstone project, our team decided to have a basic understanding of our web features. Each of us drew a draft version of our website and discuss all of the features based on the differences. Fortunately, this process worked quite well and quickly let us have an agreement on the project outlook and features.

However, we still have a lot of designs that need to decide on, like the project overall architecture, detailed tech stacks we want to use, database design, etc.

How to benefit my personal resume

At this point, I really hope this project can benefit and enhance my resume since I’m on the job-seeking path. What I have done before is more toward JavaScript and Node.js full-stack projects. For this project, I would love to do a project based on Python and Flask, which could add some diversity to my resume. I will make sure to talk to my teammates thoroughly.

To add to that, we are also considering using the Boostrap toolkit for our frontend instead of HTML5, which is also a tech stack industry uses often. Hopefully, it will collab well with Flask if we decided to use it.

In the last, we need to divide all tasks evenly for each team member to meet the 10-hour work requirement. This is the most tricky part for us. We cannot foresee how much work each part will actually spend. But, I’m confident our team will work accordingly and solve all problems together along the way.

Words at the end

To anyone reading this blog, from your perspective, what is the most important or most valuable part of your project plan? Please feel free to leave a comment.