Week 4: Bad Habit

Discover My Bad Habit

This week went by really fast, our team is focusing on a good project structure. We started to build up a structure that can help us start and build up easily. Through this process, I found a bid bad habit of mine really affect my development.

Internal Server Error

Every time I code something new, I tend to write a lot of code without testing. After that, something will went wrong and I don’t know why! So frustrated and so hard to change this habit.

Fix it

To make my future work organize and well tested, I would like to train my coding process to fix it.

Here are some naive thoughts to improve the process.

Firstly, be clear about one feature, how many parts will involve. Take login page as an example, it will include HTML frontend page, database items like username, email, password, and connection to GET from frontend, and to call data from database.

Secondly, after finish coding each part, must do a test to check on the work. Like, HTML file is done, I need to show it and check if the display and all elements are included. The items needed are added to the database, run shell to check if the item is successfully added to the database, and check if the item is good to use.

Finally, check all parts as a whole, test all the parts along the process including some corner cases.

At the End

Did you ever face this kind of struggle? Please share with me how do you overcome it.

Thank you for reading along my journey, hope your project is going well and smooth!