Final Rigamajig Project Update: June 1, 2015

Hello everyone,

I just submitted my project and I am very satisfied with my final work. I got to learn so much about the Rigamajig product. LIke I said in an earlier post, I knew nothing about it. It was really reassuring to find out that this product was designed and created by inventor and engineer Cas Holman. She is such an interesting and inspiring woman to research. I learned about her work with nonprofit organizations and how she manages to keep her head up and be just as successful as every other engineer out there.

I did not struggle with locating any librarians or sources. I got a lot of experience from the previous project that I understand how everything works now. Overall, I am very impressed with how much I learned while researching. I learned more about the gender gap, sexism, false stereotypes, and a children’s toy that encouraged elementary school engineers. I think it is incredible how far everyone has come with inventions.

My favorite source to learn about new inventions and ideas is through TED Talks. I encourage everyone to watch them. Everyday there are more videos posted about fascinating people changing the world one step at a time. I learned a lot and hope you guys enjoy my project.

Thanks,

M. Simich