Resources for teaching/learning about Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) topics, especially with a marine science context:
Teacher learning resources
- Resources for teachers and community college students from the Cascadia Initiative team
- Teacher resources from the Oregon Sea Grant marine education program, OSU Hatfield Marine Science Center
- Oregon Coast Education Program – teacher modules and field trips developed by the Northwest Aquatic and Marine Educators
- Streamwebs – classroom learning kits (available for free checkout) and other resources from this OSU Extension/Sea Grant program
- Watershed and Invasive Species Education (WISE) – An Oregon Sea Grant resource using STEM and stewardship to teach about emerging issues ranging from marine invasive species to tsunami debris; free curricula and lesson plans are available to download.
- The Bridge – Teacher-approved marine education resources from NAME and Sea Grant programs across the country.
- NOAA Education Resources – data sets, lesson plans and other resources on topics ranging from space weather to marine mammals, aquatic food webs and climate monitoring.
- The National Science Digital Library – Links to high quality online educational resources for teaching and learning, with emphasis on STEM disciplines. The directory is a project of University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR), a consortium of more than 70 universities that grant doctorate degrees in the atmospheric and related sciences.