Slowly But Surely

Noticing any similarities in these titles? Admittedly, I did not accomplish much this week. I successfully implemented changing the ball’s direction, relative to where it hits the paddle, however, I did not succeed in getting the angle to change when the ball hits the paddle’s edge. Furthermore, my attempts to change the angle of the ball messed with the switching of the direction. I guess I need more encapsulation.

I’m headed to Colorado this weekend for a concert so again, probably not going to get much work done this weekend. My work on the game mechanics is so removed from my teammates’ work, though, that my ability to get the angle to change shouldn’t affect my teammates abilities to make progress.

Other than that, no news to report. I’m excited about the concert, it’s Sublime so it should be a good time. I’m hoping to get some hiking in while I’m there. I haven’t done much hiking in months and I haven’t seen the snow for several years I believe. I miss it. I’ll have an excuse to pull out my microspikes. Hoping to unwind and get some solid exercise in. Once I get back, it will almost be time to demonstrate the project. The halfway mark! It’s a fun project, but I’m glad I’m letting my teammates do more of the work now, as I do enjoy my free time and I also need time away from school and work. Once I’m done with school, I want to take a big trip. I still don’t know where. I need to start thinking.