2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp ginger, minced
1 onion, diced
1 carrot, shredded
8 oz mushrooms, finely chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop all the veggies and heat oil in a large pan.
- Add mushrooms, onions, carrots, and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add cabbage and cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until the veggies are soft and cooked through.
- Add ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and rice vinegar and cook for another minute.
- Set aside to cool before filling the dumpling wrappers.
- Add 1 heaping teaspoon of filling to the center of the wrapper and brush the edges of the wrapper with water with your finger.
- Bring center edges together and start folding down one half with one side of the dough making creases. Repeat with the other side, and with the rest of the dough.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add dumplings and fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until the bottoms are nicely browned.
- Pour in about 1/4 cup of water and cover with a lid to steam. Steam for about 7 to 8 minutes or until the water has evaporated and the dumpling wrappers are slightly translucent.
Serve with soy sauce or sauce of choice!