Hello world!

Welcome to blogs.oregonstate.edu. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!

2 Comments

Add Yours →

Hi, this is a comment.
To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.

I will be sharing my experience from my first job. Well as a starter and a student I was nervous and unsure about the job and when I got the job application/ forum there were many things that were vague and were not relevant to my expertise and field except for the fact that they needed an international student for this job. The form had too much details asked it was difficult to answer so many things, due to the lengthy forum I felt like I don’t fit in this job since I didn’t feel that my resume was according to their needs except one condition. After getting shortlisted for the job, they interviewed me and then appointed me. After the interview they gave me another form that specified the job description but I had to be the one to fill out this form as well when I had not much of an idea how to respond to many things.
As far as my experience is concerned with the same job application process, I will say it was lengthy, time taking and some parts were irrelevant considering their need of skill for the specific post. Different posts require different measurement criteria of an applicant but if job application process is too complicated for even a small post it creates even more blunder that is what my point is since the applicant can’t make out most of the things and may write something that he/she doesn’t have any idea about. While I do agree their process was hectic and complicated the staff was friendly and ready to help anyone who needed it. This helped to encourage me to opt for this job.