Writing Exercise #14

Part 1: Set a timer for 3 minutes, and make a list of as many human non-infectious diseases that you can think of that are influenced by microorganisms.

Asthma, Alzheimer’s, gastric cancer, brain cancer, PD, heartburn, pancreatitis, IBS, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn’s disease, diabetes, cardiovascular disease autoimmune disorder, ulcers.

Part 2: Refer back to your Writing Exercise #1 that you completed the first week of class. Reflect and discuss how your responses have changed from week 1 to week 10, and what the most important topics you will take away with you once you have completed the course.

Looking back at my first post I think I listed three total, and that was probably after looking them up first. I have learned so much especially about the gut microbiome which I know I can take a lot of that information with me. I’ll also remember the different good and bad microbes and how they effect human health. When I previously thought of microbes I thought that was an all around bad term that only caused negative effects, and have learned a lot since then.