Week 9- Self Reflection

What am I good at?

This is a tricky question as I am constantly learning new things I am good at, and something I felt good at in the past sometimes gets lost. For example, I have known that I am good at rowing for a while, but it wasn’t until recently that I realised it was just about the actual rowing. There was more to it than that. I am good at the rowing technique, but I am also good at being resilient and persevering when things do not go as planned. So I think what I’m trying to say is that the “things” I am good at in rowing are not limited to use in only rowing terms.

What do I value?

This, too, has definitely changed over the last couple of years. But I definitely value a few things, and those will never change. These are that I value and love my fantastic family and friends, being in an environment that pushes me to constantly improve and be the best I can be. One that came up more recently is being around people I can be authentically myself.

How did I get here?

I got to where I currently am through many significant ups and some rough downs. Learning from my mistakes and how I responded to challenges helped me identify what I value. Whereas thinking about how I can do the good stuff better help me to first pinpoint the things I am good at and then try to improve these to be even better.

Where am I going?

I have many options about what I could do after college, but I do not really know where I am going, and I am ok with that. This is probably the first time I have not had a set plan about what I am doing next. But I know it will work out, and everything will fall into place.