Capstone Blog 461

Welcome, there has been a lot that’s happened over these past 6 weeks and I am excited to share my experience with you. I was placed in a group that will be conducting a project to simulate a space environment utilizing a game engine known as bevy. Bevy is an open source, data-driven game engine that was written in Rust. My overall experience with bevy has been mixed with moments of pain and moments of joy. Bevy is still early in development and the documentation is minimal. However, there are numerous youtube videos and written guides by community members which have been extraordinarily helpful. 

I created a very small prototype within the engine of a rotating planet with a slider that can adjust the speed of the planets rotation. I also created a milky way galaxy sky box so the user can have a space background. This was a very fun part of the production and I am looking forward to building on top of this small prototype.

The course has been relatively straightforward. I am finding difficulty with how little room there is to stay within assignment rules. I believe that because each project can be quite different, some of the assignment requirements may not have an application to the project. Nevertheless, the assignments have helped maintain structure and kept us on track within our Project’s journey.

Overall, I am interested in seeing where this project goes and how development of the project will be conducted. The idea is pretty creative and really cool.

One response to “Capstone Blog 461”

1. Hi, this is a comment.