About the Travels

Hello,
So I would just like to to explain the background of this trip and a little more about myself.
I am a student at Oregon State University and my major is bioengineering with minors in French and chemistry. I knew I wanted to study abroad, but of course couldn’t just pick one destination, so when I found Semester at Sea I knew it was the program for me.
Although I have yet to embark on the MV World Odyssey, I know that it is a normal cruise ship, with about 670 other college students. There will also be faculty members and “lifelong learners” who are adults who audit classes and travel the world with us. Also, it is about 73% girls on the ship.

If you would like to email me, (which is my only form of communication while on the ship) feel free to email me at victoria.vike.fa16@semesteratsea.org I would love to hear about anything going on back home!

If you’d like to see more photos and posts, you can find me on Instagram under username torivike

• On September 6th, I leave PDX and fly to Hamburg, Germany, where I will embark on the MV World Odyssey, and my home for the next 4 months.
• The destinations of my voyage are:
o Hamburg, Germany
o Piraeus, Greece
o Chichavecchai, Italy
o Levorno, Italy
o Barcelona, Spain
o Casablanca, Morocco
o Dakar, Senegal
o Salvador, Brazil
o Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
o Panama Canal Transit, Panama
o Callao, Peru
o Guayaquil, Ecuador
o Puntarenas, Costa Rica
• And on December 22nd, I arrive in San Diego, California, just in time for Christmas.
• Also, this is still a STUDY abroad program, so if you’re curious the classes I’m taking on the ship are:
o Children and Youth in Global Context
o Global Studies
o Multiculturalism and the Media
o Globalization, Sustainability, and Justice
• I will be posting on this blog, and probably both Facebook and Instagram any time I get a chance in port. A real calendar of when I’ll be in each country can be found at http://www.semesteratsea.org/events/category/fall-2016/list/

13 cities, 12 countries, 104 days