Week 2 – Blog Post: Experiences with Discrimination

You see a news article about your favorite company facing a public lawsuit in which they are accused of generally discriminating against individuals of the race, culture, or belief system with which you are associated As a person I would never like this company again, I have 0 tolerance for racial discrimination, in my opinion, a workplace where a company faces credible and proven allegations of discrimination against a specific race, culture or belief group In my opinion, a workplace where a company faces credible and substantiated allegations of discrimination against a specific racial, cultural or faith group will have a negative impact on the company’s values and ethics. Regardless of how much of an impact his company’s values cause in my opinion, I am highly biased against this company and will not feel good about this company again just because of the value it creates, companies have a responsibility to treat all individuals equally and fairly regardless of their race, culture or belief system. If they don’t, it can lead to serious consequences, including legal action, financial penalties, and reputational damage. Ultimately, it is up to consumers to decide whether they want to continue to support companies that engage in discriminatory practices. And he or she would seriously undermine my support and trust in this company. I also would not go to this company because there is clear evidence that there are significant repercussions, both internally and for applicants, starting with a major crisis within their organization. For example, some employees may experience or witness discrimination and may feel angry and frustrated. They may speak out against discrimination, report it to management or HR, or seek support from outside resources. Others may feel powerless and may suffer in silence, leading to stress, anxiety, and low job satisfaction. Slowly is bad for company growth, and companies must take proactive steps to prevent and address discrimination and create an inclusive and supportive work environment for all employees.