Embracing being a newbie

Graduating with a computer science degree would seem to prove that I have achieved expertise in the computer programming world. I think the opposite is more true; I am a newbie and I am embracing this status.

Bob's Runescape Tips - How to Spot a Noob - YouTube

This week was my first week at at my first real full-time job as a software engineer. The timing is great for me practically and seems perfect for supporting this blog post. My new job presents endless opportunities to learn new processes, technologies, and fundamentals in software development. I intend to hold a positive attitude about these opportunities and extend this attitude towards this Capstone team project.

Our team has decided to build a web application using a tech stack that I have some experience with, but not enough experience to kick my noob status. We hope to use React, Typescript, Java, and a no SQL database if necessary. From all of my experience in this program and my internship, I am confident that I will be able to apply myself to building a decent application with this stack. Possibly even more vital to our team will be the professional workflows and communication processes I have participated in at work.

I look forward to leveling up my skills a bit this term and becoming a little less new to large software projects. However, I will always embrace the inner newbie in me and continue to be a lifelong learner.

One response to “Embracing being a newbie”

1. OSU Avatar

Hi, this is a comment.
    To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
    Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.