CapstoneWeekly

Rest and Flask

After winter break, it’s time to go back to our Capstone blog! During this tough time, there are no friends gatherings, no travel, no delicious restaurants, but I have a clear understanding of the basic information of the Flask web framework during this break. Although I cannot say that I understand all aspects of Flask, I believe I have enough knowledge to find a solution when I encounter a problem.

Flask tutorial is a very novice-oriented Flask tutorial, and now I am very familiar with the application of view functions and templates after going through it. This makes the code refactoring of the project I am taking over now very handy. At the same time, I am also trying to communicate with my team members to ensure they have enough knowledge about Flask to complete this project.

In terms of data visualization, group members and I are using Plotly technology to implement this user story, but currently, we have encountered a problem. When trying to represent multiple dashboards on a single webpage, we found that we can only represent one. Now we are looking for more in-depth Plotly literature to expand our skill pool.

There are three main tasks I should complete by the end of next week:

1. Refactoring code (especially HTML code) makes our code more concise and readable.
  2. Find a way to represent the data via multiple dashboards on the same webpage by using Plotly.
  3. Make sure everyone is learning the knowledge that contributes to this project.