CapstoneWeekly

Improve communication

Week 4 is finishing and week 5 is coming! After two meetings with HP R&B lab, my team members and I have learned more and more about the project. So far our working group seems to have completed the first draft of the customer-oriented document. But after seeing the detailed documents provided to us by HP (including the parts of the project they have completed) at the meeting on Friday, I found that our understanding of this project is far from enough. HP’s microfluidic device that we will work with is the printhead, they provide lots of details about it. And they also assign the labor of the capstone project.

Our partner divided the entire project into two small tasks for our two teams to complete. Our team is assigned to the task of implementing the Data flywheel (mainly responsible for deploying the trained neural network, accepting data, and generating results through AI), while another team will complete the task of research on generative design. In the Data flywheel team, Jacob (the guide of our project) assigned further us three individual implementations so that the three of us have our own missions. It seems that it is time to increase the number of weekly meetings so that we can exchange more Transparent Data Encryption-related technology (of course, I will post links to the incisive related articles I found in the blog later). Moreover, the assignment of missions and the integration of them when completing also require a lot of discussions to decide.

I’m ashamed to say, but always think that our team’s weakness is the lack of communication, and this defect may hurt us more in the future than our unskillfulness in some certain technology. I think Monday night and Saturday afternoon would be good meeting times. On Monday, we can integrate the individual files of due on Sunday night and share the resources that we think are helpful to the project. On Saturday afternoon, we can sort out the questions encountered in the routine meeting with HP on Friday and send it to our project partner.