Senior Capstone Blog 2

My most favorite technology would have to be using Flutter in Android Studio. This is my first time using Flutter, and I really enjoy learning how to create an app with it. I also like how simple it is to install and run on Android Studio. It saves my teammates and I so much time and we don’t have to worry about too many errors when using Flutter. Because of this, we can also focus on other important aspects of our project to help us get closer to our final product. I also think using Flutter in Android Studio helps when dealing with the front end portion of the app, since it is able to display the app on a mock phone and it can be easy to see what is needed to be added in the app and also where there are errors/bugs that need to be fixed.

My least favorite technology would have to be learning the Java/Kotlin language when working on the app. I think the bulk of the front end work is getting the hang of using languages like Java and Kotlin and currently I am taking a mobile app development course where I am able to learn more on Kotlin and how to create an app using that language. So far, there are some terms that I am not yet familiar with when it comes to Kotlin (or Java), but I am very happy that I am working with another teammate on the front end portion and that I can ask for help when I am having trouble with the language. I hope that by the end of this term, I will be able to use Kotlin and Java more confidently in this project, and in general, and hopefully become a better programmer by doing so!