Senior Capstone Blog 3

In this blog, I will be discussing about a couple of life hacks on how to handle stress in job interviews.

For starters, research the company you are interviewing for. It’s always a good thing to know about the company before hand so you don’t mess up your interview and also why interview for a company you don’t know about? It gets really weird and awkward if the interviewer asks you a question about the company and you don’t know the answer to, when you should (if you did your research).

Another thing is to present yourself in the best way. I like to think that the best way to present yourself is through your behaviors and attitude toward this interview. I think it’s always best to try to remain calm and to be positive through it all, regardless of how many times you mess up. Some things I like to do before an interview is breathing exercises to help calm myself and my brain down so that I can focus, especially when doing technical interviews and trying to figure out how to code for a certain problem the interviewer will give me. Another thing is to dress professionally. I like to think this is a great way to boost your confidence, so that you come across as someone who knows what they are doing and talking about. I know that this would impress many interviewers and that this can help you thrive in an interview.

There are many other ways for people to destress when doing interviews, but these couple of things have helped me to destress and be the person I am now and I hope to become in the future! I really hope that this can help you, and other people around you, to live life stress free and to be great and successful in your life!