Self-Reflection

For this week’s blog post the task is to evaluate myself through four different questions:

What am I good at?

At this point in my life I feel that I am good a several different things. Some of these include: analytical skills, leadership, organizational skills, Emotional intelligence, communication, and a few more. I have realized that I am good at these things through practice. In the Navy I learned how to be a leader and I developed many of these skills.

What do I value?

There are many things that I value but the top few are probably loyalty, honesty, being hardworking, and intelligence. I tend to surround myself with people that demonstrate at least one of these traits because they are so important to me. How I life my everyday life I try to follow these traits as best as I can.

How did I get here?

I got to where I am through working hard and probably a bit of luck. Very little has been given to me in life and I joined the Navy as a way to get ahead. I have bought my own car, I have my own apartment, and pay for college through the GI Bill that I earned.

Where am I going?

In the next few years I would like to hopefully be finished with an MBA in Data Analytics to help me be more competitive within the industry. I also want to find a good starting job that I can learn fundamental skills to land me a better job. Eventually I want to have a strong career at a company I like working at.

One response to “Self-Reflection”

1. Elisabeth Fischer Avatar
    Elisabeth Fischer

Hi Tanner,

It sounds like you have done a lot on your to get to where you are, this is very admirable and will likely serve you well when it comes to finding dream jobs like we talked about this week. It also sounds like what you have done and where you are going align very well with your values. It is safe to say that you know yourself well and will be able to find a career that very well suit you, who you are, and what you want in the future. Thanks for sharing!