Critiquing a Recruitment Ad

I think my personal brand to employers can be described as hardworking, adaptable, and goal oriented. This is largely due to everything I have learned growing up from my family and what I have experienced while in the United States Navy. I have worked very hard to achieve past goals and get to where I am now, and I am not afraid to show that to employers. I was the youngest supervisor in my squadron, and I made the E-5 (Petty Officer Second Class) in under three years. I learned a lot about leadership and the importance of making connections while in the Navy which helped me realize different career options.

After watching the lecture video on situation wanted ads and learning that they are about creating a job ad for employers to see, I decided to reflect on my brand to help create one. If I were to present myself in my own novel and creative situation wanted ad, I would call it the adaptable employee. In the ad I would show case the different jobs, shifts, and locations that I have worked in. I would start by talking about my first job as a lifeguard in Highschool and then transition to working in a retail store. After this, I would show that through hard work I earned a new job in that same retail store earning more income than before. Then I would talk about how I wanted more and dreamed of an education. To reach this goal, I joined the Navy and worked all over the United States in a few different positions. After working my way up through various work centers, I became a supervisor at E-5 and realized that I wanted to have a different career. Last in the ad I would show how I am putting myself through school by using the GI bill that I earned.