Blog Post #1

Hey fellow graduating CS students,

I started coding in the pandemic, looking for a career change. I attended a UC Berkeley data analysis bootcamp for six months. That course dipped my proverbial toes in the ocean of coding. The bootcamp was sufficient, but I didn’t feel competent after six months. Rather, I felt like I had barely brushed the surface.

Now, after completing all but two classes in the OSU CS program, I am much more prepared to contribute. Data structures showed the relationships and reasons behind the methods. Operating systems gave me a deeper understanding of low-level elements of computing. As I reach the end of this program, I’m curious where my next opportunity and career will be.

I’m excited for the project I will be given in this course. I’m looking forward to contributing to a serious endeavor. Hopefully I can use it on my resume,

In my free time, I’ve started to play Magic the Gathering, a complex card game. In the rules, it has the same mechanic as computer science; it uses the stack to resolve actions. I also do Brazilian Jui Jitsu, a ground wrestling art.