Health & Safety

After taking all three of the surveys, I learned that I have had little life change within the past year. Something I knew about myself already, but was confirmed by one of the Psychology Today articles was that I tend to sit in anger or frustration whenever I do get mad. Something new I learned from the same article, however, is that I am more open to new friendships than I thought. I have a lot of friends in the past without knowing why and has felt like I get abandoned as a friend. So naturally I feel like it’s harder for me to make friends, but it is good to know I am still open to new relationships.

A con I learned about myself from the Psychology Today survey about problem-focused coping is that I tend not to use problem-focused strategies when I am feeling stressed out. Thinking about it now, when I have a good deal of homework I need to get done, I end up procrastinating it rather than dealing with it small amounts at a time. I do not have a ton of experience of stress at work. However, with school I definitely feel stressed out at times. The biggest thing for me to focus on as I start looking into jobs is tackling problems one part at a time.

SHRM (https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/tools-and-samples/hr-qa/pages/reducing-stress-in-the-workplace.aspx) suggests employers to offer flexible hours, telecommuting, support paid time off, and provide mental health resources.