skip page navigationOregon State University

« | »

Update: ME team

Posted February 17th, 2015 by Cameron Mastin

The team has expanded upon their awesome project.  This week they expanded on their crank.  Here is what they had to say about it:

Building on our previous design, we machined an acrylic sheet into an acrylic disc to mount on the generator for easier use (video 1). We then kept building the power generation module so that we could test our other equipment better (photo 1). We disassembled part of the TV to try and test it with our generator, but weren’t generating enough power or had some other issue (photo 2). We managed to cut all of our acrylic for the hydro power module and we tested flame polishing on one of the pieces (photo 3, 4 and video 2). The video game has been further tested and we can successfully use other buttons to play the game! (Although Pac-Man is still really hard) (photo 5). Finally, we made some welding modifications to the base of the generator to make it simpler and more sturdy (video 3). Next, we’ll be building the structures of the modules and finally have something to really show off!

photo 1-5photo 2-3photo 3-3photo 4photo 5


Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Tags: ,

Leave a Reply