Contemplating the Future

Blog Post #2 heating up!

Lot’s has happened since last post! Our team was able to meet with Tierra Urbana, and our project sponsor for our capstone. Tierra Urbana is a start up in the Dominican Republic. They connect their clients with composting services to pick-up food waste, process, and return nutrient rich compost to their clients. This makes composting accessible to the average person as they return a proportional amount of compost post-processing to the user. Here is the link to their website https://tierraurbana.do/ I really like their business model, and it has been really great to get to know them, and to get started on our project. It has been an exciting couple weeks!

So far , we have still been in the planning page. Right now we are in the process of finalizing our UI/UX design choices and also our choices for our tech stack. I have personally been working on the design side of things, making a working prototype in figma. This has been really rewarding as it feels like we’re making really critical choices and our final product is beginning to take shape! I have never been part of a development process such as this, building a complete application at every step into the final product, and it is exciting to start to begin the work for it.

As far as my progress with time management, it has also been quite a busy few weeks. I have also been sick, which as has added to the difficulty of my schedule. I was forced to move around work and personal obligations, but still had time to complete work for my classes. I have been working on 50 minute work to 10 minute break schedules and it has helped me work for longer I believe. It is hard to maintain this schedule and race through, but in the long run it really helps me get a better return on my time investment.

I’m looking forward to the next few weeks and staying on top of all this work! I have been applying to jobs, interviewing on top of everything so my schedule is completely overloaded. It will be a huge relief when everything is finished this term.