Blog Post #3

How is the journey so far?

It’s a bit slow but I think we are picking the pace up and started hard coding what we need to do to get things done.

What communication tools is your team using, and how well is this going?

We are using discord and a little bit of canvas discussions to get work done

What Project Management tools is your team using, and how well is that going?

We are using ClickUp as a tool to organize our sprints and general objectives

How often does your team commit their code? Is code integrating easily?

Code is committed once a week, we are admittedly a little slow on the coding process

How about pull-requests or code reviews? Is this too much overhead or is it useful to your team?

It is useful to see where the code deviates or is changed, but it is not too much of a burden and I think our team benefits from it

What about your build/debug/deployment? Is this going well, or are you spending a lot of time debugging?

We are still figuring out how to make sure all things work with each other, but from my end which is the fontend, this is going well. It simply needs to be connected smoothly with the backend of our database

How well is your team following your original Team Standards?

I believe we are following it well, we communicate on time and make sure people have their opinions heard

Do you personally feel your part of the project will succeed? If not, what do you plan to do to get back on track?

My part of the code is fairly cut and dry, so I am confident my part will be good. My teammates are working on more difficult aspects of this project (such as the backend, databases, etc.)

Do you feel your project is on-track to succeed? If not, what do you plan to do to help the team get back on track?

I feel like even though we are slow to hit some of our coding goals, we will confidently hit our project goals and overall succeed.

What one thing would really help your team succeed?

I think we have all the tools we need to succeed, it’s simply a matter of putting in the work

Anything project related. You choose.

It is interesting learning about aspects of app/web development that I had not learned much in CS 290, such as mongodb, and Flet.